Bournemouth University Student Parking Permit Application
Bournemouth University parking permits are only available for the Talbot Campus and for those students who meet the eligibility criteria listed below. You will be eligible to apply once your online Bournemouth University registration has been completed.
As part of the application process, you will need to agree to comply with the parking terms and conditions. Please read the information below before applying.
There are a limited number of parking spaces available for students on Talbot Campus. There is no student parking at the Lansdowne Campus. Applications for parking permits will only be considered in the following cases and allocation will be in accordance with the priorities below.
Students should note that periodic checks are carried out to ensure that the information entered for successful applications is correct and circumstances have not changed. Where the information is found to be incorrect the parking permit will be revoked and appropriate disciplinary action initiated.
If you have successfully completed the application process, you will be sent an e-mail confirming that your permit can be collected from Poole House Reception, Talbot Campus once you have completed your on-campus registration at the start of the academic year.
Student parking permits are for Talbot Campus ONLY and must be displayed on the vehicle windscreen at all times to gain access to the car park.
Vehicles without permits will be refused entry to the university.
Should you have any parking enquiries or are unable to complete the online application process, please contact Parking Services on email@example.com or Telephone: 01202 968040.
Any information which you provide to us by completing this online application system will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation (the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018) and we will not use this information for any purpose other than the management of the parking services. This privacy notice explains how your personal data will be processed in connection with your application for a Permit and management of University car parks.
Responsibility for parking
1. Responsibility for implementation of the University's parking Terms and Conditions has been delegated to the University Travel Plan Group. Site Operations staff enforce the Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions cover the use of motor vehicles on any of the University’s sites.
Terms and conditions of parking
2. 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday (excepting any public holidays and University closures) a valid parking permit must be displayed on the front windscreen of all vehicles parked on any University grounds. Designated lift sharing bays should only be used before 10am by those participating in the BU lift sharing scheme, as described below. If a designated lift sharing bay is available after 10am it may be used by those holding a BU Parking Permit or displaying a daily scratch card.
3. The following actions or omissions are considered to be breaches of these Terms and Conditions:
4. If any of the above breaches occur, the University (or a subcontractor on its behalf) will place a Parking Charge Notice on the vehicle. A Parking Charge Notice will incur an additional parking charge of up to £70. If payment is made within 14 days then the charge is reduced to £40. If payment is not received within 35 days, then action may be taken to recover the full cost of the additional parking charge plus any other reasonable costs incurred, including County Court costs.
5. Requirements for displaying documents:
6. All motor vehicles are brought onto University grounds at the owner's risk and the University undertakes no responsibility for their safety or security. The use of the University car parks is permitted subject to compliance with these Terms and Conditions. The University car parks are for the use of members of the University and bona fide visitors having business at the University, and may only be used by others as agreed by or on behalf of the University Travel Plan Group.
7. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the University is not responsible for loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, including to property or person, arising from bringing a motor vehicle into any University grounds. While the University endeavours to enforce these Terms and Conditions it is not obliged to do so and not liable for failure to do so.
8. The issue of a car parking or a lift-sharing permit does not guarantee a parking space or confer any rights other than to park temporarily in a designated car park or other authorised area in accordance with these Terms and Conditions if space is available. It is the University's policy to maximise use of the car parks by issuing more permits than there are spaces available. It reserves the right to refuse permit holders access to any spaces, including designated lift sharing spaces, in a car park from time to time, in order to accommodate bona fide visitors and special events. Drivers of motor vehicles and permit holders are advised that pressure on University car parks is particularly acute in Autumn and Spring term and often on any term-time weekday, they are frequently full by 10.30am - 11am, and on Open Days.
The Travel Plan Group 2015